Those who damage the image of Taraweeh
Muslims enjoy and love Ramadan’s rituals, as the Taraweeh prayer brings them all together, standing in rows next to each other, hands facing the skies, asking God to grant them mercy and his divine.
to listen to the original audio – in Arabic – please check the below recording:
To the worshippers
But one can see that such a beautiful ritual is ruined by simple human nature, below is some examples:
- Randomly parking their cars around the mosque, blocking other cars or driveways, in the hope to try and catch the prayer
- Turning the mosque into a place where they can whisper and talk, disturbing other worshippers around them!
- Not wearing appropriate clothes or eating foods that have a strong/bad smell.
- rushing outside the mosque when done, and pushing other worshippers out of the way
- Leaving their shoes in the way and not putting them in the designated place
- Wasting water when performing Wudu – Pre Prayer Washing –
- Raising their voices when leaving mosques at night, especially in Western countries, has a negative impact on non-Muslim neighbours of the mosque.
To the Mosque’s committee
However, this burden does not only rely on the worshippers, but some Imams and mosque committees do have bad habits too; such as:
- Not choosing a right Imam that sounds good
- Not taking into account Muslims who work early hours when taking long in the prayer
- But also, not taking enough time praying and speeding up the prayer.
- Giving the opportunity for those who chose to sound good instead of reading the Quran good
Some Muslims fall within one of the below scenarios or more:
- Never going to the mosque
- Not going to the mosque with his family to encourage his kids to go in the future.
- Going to the mosque and taking his/her family and kids – and this one is the best of all
- Goes to the mosque regularly but might be doing one of the above mistakes.
Before I conclude, I must say to the mosques committees and administrations, Thank you for your efforts and for always volunteering, but you should be a role model in society.
Hence, the phone, e-mail, and all means of communication related to the mosque are neither a luxury nor an adornment, and they must be activated and taken care of, as many struggles to communicate with the mosque when they wish.
Some Muslims harm their fasting, Ramadan in general and the Tarawih Sunnah in particular, when they neglect to take care of basic etiquette, which in return harms the religion.
Celebrating the 93rd Saudi National Day in the UKSeptember 25, 2023
On Saturday, 23.09.2023, the Saudi Arabiam Cultural Bureau in the UK hosted a celebration for the 93rd Saudi National Day...
Permissibility of Combining Prayers if NeededJuly 15, 2023
Combining prayers or “Jama'” under conditions other than those specified by Islamic scholars is a frequently discussed fiqh issue. There...
Relationships and Sex Education, is it for your precious children?June 30, 2023
Teaching sex education had been existent since the 1970s in schools as part of science, and later developed to address...